Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Finally a 2WW!

After what feels like 100 days of stims (which was actually 18 days), I triggered Tues night. I'm so excited for stimming to be done. It was getting so old. Now comes the hard part, the awful 2ww. I won't be able to test until at least the 25th of the month. It seems like an eternity, but hopefully it won't take forever and this will be my time. I'm so ready to be a mom.

I went to a party for my best friend's parents. They were having their 25th anniversary and also celebrating her father's 50th birthday. I knew from the get go that it would not be a good time for me because her sister is pregnant and due the exact same day that I was. We get there and the first thing that I see when I walk in the door is the pregnant sister. I said hi and we went back into the room with the party. It was like I had her on radar, everytime she moved, my eyes just went straight to her 20 week belly. To make matters worse, everyone was talking about how she had just found out that she is having a boy. I didn't say a word, because this wasn't about me, but it still hurt like hell. We stayed the entire time and about an hour before everything started to wind down, she came and sat right across from me. Talk about wanting to stab your eyes out! I just didn't want to have to stare at what could have been. We left and my husband told me that he knew why I was so upset and was very nice about it. It was good to have someone to commiserate to. I texted my friend the next day to apologize for how grouchy I was. Luckily she understood completely, which is why I love her. Hopefully I won't have to see any more pregnant people for a while, I don't know if I can handle it!

No comments:

Post a Comment