Thursday, October 10, 2013

An Update on Where I am now

I just found my blog again after a very long time away. I went back and read the whole thing. It seems like a whole other lifetime ago. I barely remember some of the things that I posted. Guess that means the sting of IF doesn't last forever and it does get better. I thought I would update on where I am now because things are so so very different than they were before. About a year and a half ago, I left my DH. The split was relatively amicable for the most part. I won't get in to the issues behind the divorce, but I can't say that IF wasn't at least a small part of the cause. I left him with the house and moved back in with my parents. I stayed with them for about 6 months, and then for the first time ever, got a place of my own. It was a cute little one bedroom apartment that was perfect for just me. It was so nice to be out on my own and be independent for once. Due to some changes in my job and being demoted "because my heart wasn't in my job anymore," I was only there for a short 6 months. I now live with my boyfriend and we are looking to hopefully by a house in the next 6 months or so. I met my boyfriend right around the time that I left my DH and moved back in with my parents. He worked with one of my friends and he accidentally texted me back in a group message, and I guess you can say the rest is history! :) He's a wonderful man who I love with all of my heart. I now realize that I am in love for the first time in my life and it's incredible. He's the most kind, understanding person I've ever met. He's heard all the horror stories from my years with dealing with IF and still is there to support me. He has a daughter with his ex-wife and she is amazing. She's still young and has fully accepted me in to her life. This has been great to help fill that void that I've had for a very long time. There has also been talk of me going off of birth control and trying to see if we can get pregnant. I've told him that I am at the point where I will not do any IF treatments again because I know what it does to me emotionally. He's ok with that and says that whatever happens, will happen. So, first a house, then think about maybe a baby. I've also just recently started a new job after leaving the one that I was at for almost 10 years. It was a HUGE change, but so worth it. I love my job and am so glad to be at a place where I am appreciated and not constantly degraded. So, all in all, life is great right now. I don't think there's been a time in my life where I've been happier. I'm just praying that things continue down this path and that whatever life throws at me, I will take it with open arms and embrace it. I'm trying very hard to let that last little bit of IF pain go, it's taken quite a toll on my metal well being and I'm ready to just move on and let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment